May as well document the carnage.
• Day 1 in Trump’s America, collected reports of violence against Muslims, black people, women, and Latinx.
• Lots of protests as you might have heard. NYMag has a good roundup from last night.
• Saw this one coming right away: Scott Walker: Get rid of the filibuster for Trump
• Donald Trump’s administration is going to be a bonanza for bankers “Populist rhetoric masks a bonanza of deregulation and tax cuts” Did you really think Trump gives a shit about working people?
…Shortly after Trump was declared the victor, a number of prominent Salafist ideologues linked to jihadist outfits in the Middle East took to social media to cheer the prospect of a Trump presidency.
The remarks signaled the militants’ apparent belief that the victory of a candidate like Trump, who has suggested potentially unconstitutional blocks on Muslim immigration and advocated torture, undermines the United States’ moral standing in the world….
• And of course there’s this: McConnell says GOP will quickly repeal Obamacare
More as they come.